With a *snap* another year is gone!
I just can’t believe how quickly it all goes.
We had our last book club discussion for the 2019 group today. I know it’s no longer 2019, but we decided finishing a book and getting our collective acts together enough for a discussion was a bit much for December/the Xmas break so we pushed our meeting back to today. And it was a great discussion, really enjoyable, although I must apologise for all the coughing – good job it was online and I couldn’t infect anyone!
We read KM Cookbook this time and discussed:
- the value of a good metaphor and how to create one
- how useful case studies are to illustrate and explain complex ideas
- approaches to knowledge audits and mapping that work
- how valuable it is to know your users well – how they work, talk and think
- how many different frameworks there are to explain and organise KM and which ones we use/choose not to use
- change management and design thinking
- individual needs v organisational needs
- KM as investment v KM as cost
- on-boarding and passing-the-baton
- KM and learning
- what the first 100 days as a KM Director looks like
- and lots more …
If you would like to join us for 2020, you can read more about the group here. The price remains the same as last year and books will be going out next week.