If you are interested in networking with Knowledge professionals, learning more about hot topics and identifying and working through your challenges with the support of experts, then Knowledge Network is for you.
What is the Knowledge Network?
Knowledge Network is a supportive and friendly group for those who work in Information, Knowledge and Learning in professional services firms, such as law firms.
It is run by me, Helene Russell of TheKnowledgeBusiness, and has been supporting KMers for more than a decade.
Currently all events, coaching and networking are delivered virtually.
What is included for 2023?
- 8x hour-long virtual meetings
- 5x learning events
- 1x problem solving workshop
- 2x group discussion/WOL/networking events
- 2x 45 minute coaching calls
- 20% discount on many TKB workshops
Who is it for?
If you are interested in learning, information and knowledge and work for any kind of professional services organisation (or indeed any other kind of business) you will find it interesting and useful.
We have had a wide variety of members, including Heads of Knowledge, Heads of Information and Library, Information professionals at all levels, Knowledge Systems Managers, Professional Support and Knowledge Lawyers, and consultant lawyers. We’ve also had a variety of senior leaders come along to individual events of particular interest to them.
The majority of members are from the UK, but we also have members from Europe, US, India and the Channel Islands. Learning events are held in English and during UK / GMT lunchtimes, so as long as you can attend then (whatever time it is in your time-zone), you are welcome.
What topics do we cover?
In the past we’ve had events on AI and machine learning, ISO 30401, design thinking for KM, after action reviews, social media for knowledge sharing, promoting KM, metrics and measurements, new technologies, KM strategies, culture, motivations for sharing, innovation, intranets that work, GDPR, leadership and influencing, writing in plain English, mobile KM, international management challenges, change management and all kinds of topics.
We’ve heard from practitioners (legal, health, engineering, marketing and other sectors), consultants and academics.
We’ve heard from speakers from US, Canada, Europe and UK.
For 2023 our topics are:
- March 9th 12.30-1.30pm – Nick Milton, KM & governance
- April 4th 12.30-1.30pm – Helene Russell, challenges/goal setting/networking meeting
- May 5th 1-2pm – Ari Kaplan, podcasting
- June 29th 12.30-1.30pm – David Gurteen, innovation through conversation knowledge café
- September 12th, 12.30-1.30pm – Helene Russell, bring a problem workshop
- October 5th, 12.30-1.30pm – Ian Rodwell, knowledge-sharing in hybrid workplaces
- November 2nd – Tiger Eye, AI in KM update
- December 5th 12.30-1.30pm – Helene Russell, challenges/goals/networking catch up
How much does it cost?
£300 for one person/space for an annual subscription.
Two spaces within the same organisation are discounted to £500.
If you’d like to book 3 or more spaces, get in touch.
How do I book?
Email me for an invoice. It’s that simple.